Online Low Carbon Hydrogen Training Course
Hydrogen production will scale up by several orders of magnitude in the coming decades. Electrolysers are currently operating at 10 to 20MW and already we have plans for GW schemes. Similar scaleup leaps are proposed for thermal hydrogen production processes.
This course will explain the current and proposed low-carbon Giga-scale hydrogen production technologies such as electrolysis, ATR, POX and pyrolysis. The best-fit criteria to apply each of these technologies will be discussed. Some, but perhaps not all the technology options will become mainstream routes for hydrogen production in future decades.
Spotting the right technologies early can mean the difference between a good and an excellent project. If you are investing in the hydrogen economy or considering technologies to implement, thinking through the pros and cons of various options will be fundamental to your decision making. This course will provide some insights support that process.
• GW scale elecrolysis from renewable power schemes
• Methane splitting (pyrolysis / cracking) – turquoise hydrogen
• ATR and POX for natural gas conversion to hydrogen
• Biomass, coal and petcoke gasification
• Combining these pathways with CCUS to produce low-carbon hydrogen – blue and purple hydrogen
This course includes:
• An engaging virtual training session lasting approximately four hours
• Interactive format with dedicated Q&A sections with the expert trainer
• Exercises to cement understanding of the key concepts introduced in the course